The turbo charged Subaru Forester GT gets five more kiloWatts, up to 130kW at 5600rpm, not quite the 160kW of the 2001 WRX but a healthy hurry along. Torque is 245Nm at 4400rpm.
The 2001 Forester GT has standard cruise control, an in-dash 6-CD player, improved engine immobilser and wood grain centre console. model year 2000 Subaru Forester had an update for the new century, the original car being introduced
The shape has been changed slightly with new grille, bonnet (hood), bumpers, lights and tail-gate. On the safety front, dual front airbags are now standard and front side airbags are optional. All three rear seats now have head-rests and three-point seat belts. The suspension is also said to have been improved.
Subaru Forester 2000
- station wagon, 5 seats, 4 doors, dual airbags standard
- loa: 4450mm, width: 1690mm, height: 1580mm, ground clearance: 200mm
- Std and Ltd:
- 2L, petrol, 4-cyls, mpfi, 4-valves/cyl
- power: 92kW, torque: 184Nm at 3600rpm
- 2L, petrol, 4-cyls, mpfi, turbo-charged, 4-valves/cyl
- power: 125kW at 5600rpm, torque: 240Nm at 3200rpm (2000)
- 130kW at 5600rpm, 245Nm at 4400rpm from late 2000 for 2001 m.y.
- transmission: 5m/4a, dual range, all wheel drive
- suspension: indep'/indep'
- 16" wheels (GT); fuel tank: 60L in 1997/1998.